In the technological sphere, though the apple users are less in number, yet they make a considerable number. All the Apple devices come with an Assistant, named “Siri”. It works the same way as google assistant in android phones.
Now, many users don’t necessarily need Siri turned on, on their macs. Some users may feel that it’s better to use Siri on their iPhones and iPads than Mac. Whatever the reason be, Apple has given a feature to disable Siri on your Macbook. This feature will also remove the Siri icon from the Mac Menu bar.
Steps to turn off Siri on Mac
There are these simple steps through which you can disable Siri on your Macbook:
- You need to go to the ” Apple menu ” and choose “System preferences”.
- Choose “Siri” from the control panel options that you see.
- By default, the box next to “Enable Siri” will be checked. Uncheck it and close “System Preferences”.
When Siri is disabled, the menu bar icon will be removed, the Dock icon will be hidden, the touch bar icon will be removed and Siri services will be completely turned off.
Steps to Turn on Siri on your Mac
You might have turned off Siri and may need it back activated later on. So it’s very crucial to know, how to enable /turn on Siri on your Mac. These are simple steps to turn on Siri on your Mac:
- Go to “Apple Menu” and choose “System Preferences”.
- Choose “Siri” from control panels.
- Check the box next to “Enable Siri”. You are ready to roll.
Note: In cases when you want to keep Siri intact, but want to remove the Menu Bar option, you can hide the Siri Menu Icon from Mac as well.
When you want no interruption from Siri or just don’t need Siri on your Mac, disabling Siri is the best thing to do. But you should remember that Disabling Siri will lose you the great features of the Siri Commands as well. In case you have any suggestion do let us know in the comment section below.